Providence, the capital city of the teeny state of Rhode Island in the United States. Lemme share this little city with you as well as prepare myself to remember it before I leave it after my college graduation...

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Another long path...



When I came passed this area where I took this photo, it was quite bizarre (mentally). The time was 4:30pm on a mildly cloudy day — not too bright, not too dark. Yet, this lamp post was on right in the middle of the pedestrian walkway. Furthermore, this long wide yet emptry pathway (which leads to the @ public library) gave this surreal moment for me. Many workers from the surrounding commercial/office buidlings were out for a cigarette break. But they were just sort of standing there smoking quietly. I dunno. Maybe it was the weather. Maybe the lit lamp post. Maybe it was just my weird imagination. The feeling was quiet unfelt before. It's almost indescribable. Unfortunately, the photo does not do justice to how I felt. But this local will remain memorable for me whenever I pass it again in the future. Maybe a different weather condition and time of day will render a totally different feeling.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

I could imagine this ally being a very scary place at night.

8:23 AM

 
Blogger Toulouse Photo Day said...

nice shot guy!

3:13 PM

 
Blogger Annie said...

It looks like a scene from an Ingmar Bergman film.

8:05 PM

 
Blogger Anne said...

Beautiful composition Andy! Maybe it's the weather :)

1:17 AM

 
Blogger Neorelix said...

Good shot. Something about it looks Dickensian. The recbrick, the style of lamp. Very evocative and a bit creepy!

10:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home