Providence, the capital city of the teeny state of Rhode Island in the United States. Lemme share this little city with you as well as prepare myself to remember it before I leave it after my college graduation...

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

A bit of everything



Darn, I got so absorbed in my work again that I forgot to post a blog. It is now Tuesday, May 2, local time is 4:10am. I am just about to sleep, and was going to check the weather online when Daily Photo popped in my mind...

Today's photo shows another point of the canal near the heart of downtown. As indicated by the title, the photo shows several parts of many buildings—many of which we have looked at before. The left orange/red is the large shopping mall, the grey with the blue awning at the front is a neat restaurant (which I haven't had the chance to try its dishes), Bella Vista, in the far back is the State House, and on the right is an office building which no one seems to enter...

If you look at the building at night, you'll see those yellow lights and grey concrete walls inside to show that the interior is still bare/unfinished. How strange this is, as I've seen this building ever since I started living here (3 years ago). I wonder if it is going some sort of renovation... or what... but still very strange, as the building is so new... I wonder... =\

3 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Very nice picture. It sounds like they're taking their time if they are renovating that building.

8:05 AM

 
Blogger sLesTa said...

hey.. nice pic. let me introduce myself first. my name's sLesTa. i used to live in providence about 9 years ago (God, can't believe it's been that long!) for college. now i'm back in my homeland, jakarta. back then there's no big mall in downtown, and i used to live only a couple of blocks away from that mall is now. i miss that place. i think providence is a nice little city. i keep visiting the city after i graduated and move to new york city. oh, and i miss the fruit tart from pastiche.

are you a RISD student?

9:08 AM

 
Blogger luminlight said...

Hi Slesta,

Yes, I am a RISD student, studying graphic design. Indeed, Providence has gone through a lot of changes in the past several years. Hopefully, my photos will show you something new as well as remind you of some still-existing parts.

9:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home