Providence, the capital city of the teeny state of Rhode Island in the United States. Lemme share this little city with you as well as prepare myself to remember it before I leave it after my college graduation...

Sunday, April 02, 2006

PVD Canal



Oh dear, I think I missed yesterday's blog... got too wound up with my schoolwork that I missed it. I am so sorry to all the readers who visited but found no updates.

Today's photo is the canal that has been (severly) altered in shape over the past decades. It was once larger, and more organic in form. Now, it's just a narrow channel of water flowing south (the direction the photo is taken) to the Atlantic. The photo was particulary interesting for me, because it was a low tide that day which I had never seen before, - revealing the canal bed. Not too sure what those triangular grids are on the ground.

On the left side is College Hill, and if you imagine further left, you will find Brown University up the hill. The buildings you see by the canal side belong to my school, Rhode Island School of Design (which is adjacent to Brown, practically next door neighbors). On the right is downtown Providence. There is a sidewalk along the canal that provides a nice stroll for people...

5 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

That's a neat picture. So you're very near the sea! (and in high tide the canal must be full)
Do you like Providence? (My little sister is going to Providence University - not the art school though.)

9:48 AM

 
Blogger Nicola said...

See, you have low tide, we have high tide over here! Guess, that's the balance. Now you know where all the water went ;).

10:12 AM

 
Blogger santy said...

That's cool, you can view the tall buildings from the college. It's a nice picture, Andy :)

11:42 PM

 
Blogger Grant F said...

nice pic - am sure the canal looks more impressive at high tide tho.

12:48 AM

 
Blogger Kris said...

You always described so well , Like it !!

1:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home