Providence, the capital city of the teeny state of Rhode Island in the United States. Lemme share this little city with you as well as prepare myself to remember it before I leave it after my college graduation...

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Facade to mean what?



Firstly, I apologize for the instrusiveness of the car in the front. Totally disrupts the 'moment'.

Anyhow, in the attempt to ignore its presence, I really like the facade of this building located downtown: its oldness compared to the relatively newer buildings surrounding it. Plus, the type is pretty interesting, with the Alleycat plaque on the left, the fading Columbia Building 15 on the right, and the Chinese characters above and underneath. I wonder what all this type boil downs to... what essence it brings to the buidling... its history...

5 Comments:

Blogger Lorethian said...

I even like the car, it gives it a home feeling.



http://kansascitydailyphoto.blogspot.com/

7:53 PM

 
Blogger santy said...

It looks like a sort of building you'd found in china town. Is it in a china town? Anyway, I like that red wall.

6:24 PM

 
Blogger Kris said...

It is a building of an association of somekind. I like the mood in the pic very much :)

1:50 AM

 
Blogger Gerald England said...

No need to apologise for the car. It adds contrast and doesn't detract from the main object of the shot.

1:57 AM

 
Blogger Casey said...

I currently work for the new owners of this building and the chineese owners have left us with a great chance to creat a gorgeous structure on snow street. Thank you for all the compliments.

5:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home