Providence, the capital city of the teeny state of Rhode Island in the United States. Lemme share this little city with you as well as prepare myself to remember it before I leave it after my college graduation...

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Welcome to Providence



Hi! Welcome to my first place. After learning about the DailyPhoto blog by accident, I've become hooked onto this 'club'. It's amazing to see such a range of photos from around the world. And now, I want to share a piece of where I have lived for the past three years of my life.

So the first photo to share is that of downtown Providence. As you can see, there aren't that many buildings in the city as it is one that has only recently begun developing. The building in the middle which appears to form a pointed top is the Bank of America building (formerly the Fleet Bank building before being bought by B of Amer). The buildings to its left are office buildings, which I unfortunately do not know the name of. To the right is the Biltmore Hotel, which has a red neon sign lit up on the roof at night.

8 Comments:

Blogger nebel said...

Welcome to the family! I have heard of Providence before, but I don't know much about it! I'll be happy to learn more and see interesting photos here!

6:05 AM

 
Blogger Philipp said...

Hi! Welcome to the family! The architecture of Providence looks interesting- a good mix between old and new design!I'm lloking forward to see more!

8:30 AM

 
Blogger Nicola said...

Hasn't there been a TV series about Providence? Welcome to the DP family! Looking forward to your photos!

11:49 AM

 
Blogger Carlos said...

Welcome to the group Andy. I will add you to my links tonight. Nice picture.

12:26 PM

 
Blogger Simon said...

Hi There, and welcome, look forward to seeing more of your town.

12:46 PM

 
Blogger Vancouver Daily Photo said...

Welcome to the Global Family. Hope the years you spent in Canada were on the west coast.

4:49 PM

 
Blogger Edwin Sumun said...

Hello there! Hope you're having a great day. I know I am thanks to your incusion into the DP family.

kualalumpurdailyphoto

6:17 PM

 
Blogger Anna said...

Welcome to the daily family!

3:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home